Monday, November 26, 2007

Leftover Land (or, How I'm Going to Finish my Dissertation)

After a busy week full of SBL and cooking, I am back to the grind. This is my last week exclusively devoted to dissertation. I'm hoping the leftovers will get me through it. We cooked a rockin' Thanksgiving this year, and my fridge is filled with the remainder of:

Appetizer
  • Soup of Matsutake Mushrooms and Squash in First Dashi
  • Venison Terrine
  • Dr, Thankisch Riesling Auslese 2001
Main Course
  • Apple-Scented Roast Turkey with Cider-Calvados Gravy
  • Winter Fruit and Nut Stuffing
  • Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Apples
  • Green Beans with Mushroom Madeira Sauce
  • Tarragon Creamed Corn
  • Fresh Cranberry Relish
  • Chateau Beauchene Cotes-du-Rhone
  • Darting Rieslaner Spatlese 2001
Dessert
  • Cheese Selection with Dried Fruit and Nuts
  • Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels
  • selection of old French brandies
This should get me through the week... If the copy-editing gets really bad, I may have to turn to the "leftover" brandy. Maybe when this week is over, Imaginary Grace will actually be more of a biblical studies blog than a wannabe food blog.

May you have much to be grateful for this year, and may what's on your table be only the start.

3 comments:

Andy said...

OK, I'm coming to your place next Thanksgiving!

John said...

This is a very mouth-watering post to leave at the top of your blog, Angie.

I hope you blog again once in awhile.

I'm tagging you as a prod. See my latest post.

John Hobbins
ancienthebrewpoetry.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

The website for Yi-Fu Tuan is great, but the URL has changed. Fix it? as it has a dead end now. Love your blog.